Military Personnel and Their Families
The Board will expedite review of an application that meets one of the following criteria (A or B).
- Military Veteran: Have you ever served as an active duty member of the United States military and been honorably discharged?
- Active Duty Military Spouse or Domestic Partners: If you are married to, or in a domestic partnership or other legal union with, an active duty member of the United States military, who is assigned to a duty station in California under official active duty military orders and you hold a current license in another state, district, or territory of the United States in the profession for which you seek licensure, please provide the following:
- A copy of your current license in another state, district, or territory of the United States documenting the profession or vocation for which you seek licensure from the Board.
- A copy of the marriage certificate, certified declaration/registration of domestic partnership, or other evidence of legal union.
- A copy of your spouse or partner’s military orders establishing duty station in California.
Refugees, Asylum Seekers, and Holders of Special Immigrant Visas
The Board will expedite review of an application that meets one of the following criteria (A, B, or C).
- Refugee pursuant to section 1157 of title 8 of the United States Code;
- Refugee granted asylum by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General of the United States pursuant to section 1158 of title 8 of the United States Code; or,
- Refugee with a special immigrant visa that has been granted a status pursuant to section 1244 of
Public Law 110-181, Public Law 109-163, or section 602(b) of title VI of division F of Public Law 111-8.
- Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, with an admission class code such as “RE” (Refugee) or “AY” (Asylee) or other information designating the person a refugee or asylee.
- Special immigrant visa that includes the of “SI” or “SQ.”
- Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551), commonly known as a “Green Card,” with a category designation indicating that the person was admitted as a refugee or asylee.
- An order from a court of competent jurisdiction or other documentary evidence that provides reasonable assurance that the applicant qualifies for expedited licensure.
- Expedited Licensure Process for Refugees, Asylees, and Holders of Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs)