Skip to Main Content
California State Board of Pharmacy

Change of Address and/or Name for a Personal License

Change of Address

You are required to notify the board of any change in your address within 30 days. Change of address may be made on-line or in writing to the board.

Change of Name

You are required to notify the board of any change in name within 30 days. Any change of name must be supported with one of the following (the board will not accept these documents by facsimile):

You are required to notify the board of any change of address or name within 30 days. Please be aware that the Board DOES NOT automatically issue a new license containing your new address or name. Please download the Application for Reissue of License if you would like to request an updated license and remember to include the appropriate fees for this service.

Be advised that your address of record is public information. You may indicate an alternate address (i.e. your work address), if you prefer your residential address not be made public. Licensees using alternate addresses are still required by law to report their residential address although the information will not be made available to the public. Note: all correspondence from the Board will be mailed to the address of Record ONLY.

B & P 4100. Change of Address or Name - Notification to Board
(a) Within 30 days after changing his or her address of record with the board or after changing his or her name according to law, a pharmacist, intern pharmacist, technician, or designated representative shall notify the executive officer of the board of the change of address or change of name.

1704. Change of Address or Name - Notification to Board
Each person holding a certificate, license, permit, registration or exemption to practice or engage in any activity in the State of California under any and all laws administered by the Board shall file a proper and current residence address with the Board at its office in Sacramento and shall within 30 days notify the Board at its said office of any and all changes of residence address, giving both the old and new address.