Skip to Main Content
California State Board of Pharmacy

Hypodermic Syringes and Needles License

A pharmacist or physician may, without a prescription, furnish a hypodermic needle and syringe for human use to administer insulin or adrenaline. A pharmacist or a veterinarian may, without a prescription, furnish hypodermic needles and syringe for use on poultry or animals.

The board can issue a license to a firm authorizing the sale and dispensing of hypodermic syringes and needles for animals and poultry. Otherwise, the sale of needles and syringes must only be made by a pharmacy.


Hypodermic Syringes and Needles Requirements




Contact Information

Send us a message