Requirement for Consulting Pharmacist to Make Quarterly Visits to Clinic (BPC sections 4182(a) & (b)/BPC 4192(a) & (b))
Waive the requirement for a consulting pharmacist to perform quarterly visits to a clinic under the following conditions:
- The consulting pharmacist, using his or her professional judgment, determines that the quarterly inspection is not required during the declared emergency.
- When making such a determination, it may be appropriate to consider prior consultation report findings, potential impact to patients receiving care in the clinic, etc.
- A consulting pharmacist performs a desk audit of the clinic’s procedures and records in lieu of the visit.
- A consulting pharmacist generates a report outlining any findings resulting from the desk audit and provides that report to the professional director or his or her designee.
- The consultant receives confirmation to his or her satisfaction, that the corrections outlined in the findings of the audit have been made.
Effective: March 17, 2020
Expiration: September 22, 2020, or until the emergency declaration is lifted, whichever is sooner.