Verify a License
California Pharmacy Law provides that information on the board's Web site can be accepted as verification of a license, per Business and Professions Code section 4106. If after following the steps below you are unable to navigate your search or have additional questions about the status of a license, please contact the board.
To find an individual or business, select a license type from the list below. Use the following link to assist you in your search.
- Clinic Permit
- Pharmacy Technician
- Drug Room
- Registered Pharmacist
- Designated Representative (Exemptees)
- Designated Representative - 3PL
- Veterinary Food-Animal Drug Retailer
- Hypodermic Needle and Syringe
- Third-Party Logistics Providers
- Intern Pharmacist
- Sterile Compounding
- Non-Resident Sterile Compounding
- Centralized Hospital Packaging Pharmacy
Use the following steps to help your search. Use the following link for disciplinary information on a licensee.
- Enter the first and/or last name
- If you know the license number, enter the number only
- Do not use the prefix as part of the license number
- Only enter the name or the license number - do not use both
- A zip code or city as a second criteria will narrow down the search
To determine whether board disciplinary action has been taken on a licensee, select a license type from the above list and follow the search steps. The search results for the licensee will indicate "Yes" under the Actions column if there is disciplinary information on the record. To see all the information for a licensee, including the disciplinary action, you must click on the highlighted name.
Use the following link for general information concerning the board's disciplinary record information and public disclosure.