Pharmacy Technician License
To be licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in California, you must satisfy the requirements under Business and Professions Code section 4202.
- Pharmacy Technician Application and Instructions (PDF)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- National Healthcare Association Pharmacy Technician Certification Program (ExCPT)
- Instructional Video on How to Complete the Application (YouTube)
Checking on the Status of Your Pharmacy Technician Application?
- Allow the board 45 days to process your application before checking on the status.
- The board will notify you by mail if your application is not complete.
- If you do not receive a deficiency letter, please check the board’s website daily to verify if your license has been issued.
- To verify if your license has been issued, please check the board’s website by conducting a License Search. Verification of licensure from the board’s website is proof of licensure.
- Licenses are printed and mailed from a third party. New licenses should be received between four to six weeks after a license is issued and will be sent to the address of record on file with the board.
- Renewal notices are sent out to the address of record approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date of a license.
- Any license not renewed 90 days after the expiration date will be cancelled and you will be required to reapply by submitting a new application and comply with the laws and regulations in effect at the time of application.
When emailing the board, please provide the following in your email correspondence:
- Full Name
- File Number, License Number, or Date of Birth
- Date you submitted the application or deficiency item
- Provide a description of the reason for your inquiry