Access to Sterile Syringes
Beginning January 1, 2012, physicians and pharmacists may furnish or sell up to 30 syringes without a prescription to adults 18 years of age or older for disease prevention purposes (SB41). To find participating pharmacies in California and other information: Access to Sterile Syringes – California Department of Public Health / Office of AIDS.
Pursuant to Business and Professions Code (B&P) section 4013, California law requires any facility licensed by the board to join the board’s e-mail notification list within 60 days of obtaining a license or at the time of license renewal.
An owner/company may use the E-Mail Notification from Centralized Owner/Company form to comply with this law by subscribing a single e-mail address to the board’s e-mail notification list, where the owner/company receives an electronic notification from the board, then immediately transmits electronic notice of the same notification to all of its licensed facilities (this is also authorized by B&P section 4013).
- Update: Multistate Outbreak of Meningitis and Stroke Associated with Potentially Contaminated Steroid Medication (October 2012)
- Patient-Centered Labels Information, Translations, and Sample Labels (January 2012)
- Survey for Health Licensing Entites (October 2011)
- The Script Newsletter - March 2013 Issue (PDF)
- Informational Video for Consumers - Purchasing Drugs from the Internet
- Compounding Q&A's (PDF)
- Patient-Centered Prescription Drug Container Label Samples
- Video of Presentation by the US Drug Enforcement Administration on Issues and Trends Involving Controlled Substances and Prescription Drug Abuse
- On-line Change of Address Form
- Prescription Drugs: Labeling Requirements - Report to the Legislature (PDF)
- Informational Video for Consumers - Avoiding Medication Errors
- Antiviral Documents
- Ryan Haight Regulation (PDF)
- Senate Joint Resolution 19 (PDF)
- Questions and Answers Relating to the California Electronic Prescription Drug Pedigree Law(s) (PDF)