Information on E-Pedigree
California’s e-pedigree requirements for prescription drugs will take effect on a staggered basis from January 1, 2015 through July 1, 2017. Changes enacted by SB 1307 (Ridley-Thomas, Chapter 713, Statutes of 2008) instituted the following schedule.
The implementation compliance dates are:
- 50 percent of a manufacturer’s products by 2015;
- The remaining 50 percent of the manufacturer’s products by 2016;
- Wholesalers and repackagers must accept and forward products with the e-pedigree by July 1, 2016; and
- Pharmacy and pharmacy warehouses must accept and pass e-pedigrees by July 1, 2017.
Read more in the February 2009 issue of The Script on page 6.
- Schwarzenegger Administration released a legislative proposal that would repeal portions of California's e-pedgree law and replace it with new and different requirements
- Board Comments to the FDA on Docket No. 0120 Standards for Standardized Numerical Identifier, Validation, Track and Trace, and Authentication for Prescription Drugs; Request for Comments
- Board Comments to the FDA on Docket No. 0121 Technologies for Prescription Drug Identification, Validation, Track and Trace, or Authentication; Request for Information
Implementation Date Moved to January 1, 2011
- Board Policy March 25, 2008
- FDA Statement March 25, 2008
- California E-Pedigree Law
- Questions and Answers
- Minutes of Meetings Holding E-Pedigree Discussion
- Power Point Presentations Made to the Board of Pharmacy
- Implementation Submission Statement Template to Submit a Problem/Solution Statement to the Board
- Template for Submission Statements Regarding Readiness to Implement California ePedigree Laws by 1/1/2009
- Future Meetings Scheduled
|Meeting Minutes and Materials|
Enforcement Committee Meetings
Holding Discussion of E-Pedigree Issues
- Rite Aid
- Bracco Diagnostics Inc.
- CVS Caremark
- California Board of Pharmacy - Enforcement Committee
- March 26, 2008 - Southern California - Rescheduled to March 25, 2008 as a Board Meeting
- June 24, 2008 - Sacramento
- September 9, 2008 - Southern California
- December 9, 2008 - Sacramento